Unlimited Rubicon gas tank question

I plan on replacing my 97 TJ with a new Unlimited Rubicon this year. I hope to save some of my aftermarket parts and use them on the new Jeep. This includes the Tomken gastank skidplate. Does anybody know if an Unlimited's gas tank is the same as my TJ?

Thanks, Jim T

Reply to
JimT

Good question. I assume there will be a lot of crossover parts. An easy way to check is by looking for the part online and see if it is recommended for the UR -or- if it is a different part number.

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-Ltd

it is a 19 gallon tank yes so I would assume it is the same dimension!

Reply to
IsellJeeps

I would expect it to be the same on the new Jeep, and would steal the parts from the old one and save them. If it turns out they do not fit, then you can pawn them on eBay.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland