valve adjustment

just turned 70000kms on my 93 yj should I adjust the valves?

Reply to
DeerSkull

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

so I must have a hydraulic lifter sticking.... When i start it there is a loud ticking for a few seconds a then it goes away, like something not getting oil right away. What do you think?

Reply to
DeerSkull

Some have reported changing the oil filter, which also a check valve in it, that may be leaking, solved their start up lifter problem. God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0 mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

I would recommend you have a look at your oil filter to see if it is an orange Fram.

I had the exact issue with loud valve noise on start up just after i installed a Fram filter. Read about others having the same trouble so I changed the oil again with a different filter and now I have no start up noise.

Mike

Mike Romain