Which differential??

Hello. I have a 95 YJ. Sahara. 4.0, manual. It has the usual D35/30. How do I determine if it has limited slip.

Thanks, Greg

Reply to
jerryg

The cover should have a tag bolt between two, saying to use the additive. Or just jack a wheel and see if you can turn it by hand in neutrial. God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0 mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

The wheel turning would indicate lsd?

Greg

Reply to
jerryg

Also what are the other options there? And what is the difference?

Greg

Reply to
jerryg

Reply to
RoyJ

So if it is not limited slip, what is it. I am new to this stuff. Thanks.

Greg

Reply to
jerryg

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

If the axle melts, turns iridescent colors, grows diaphanous scales and a huge dragon head, you hear a thunder clap and a clear loud voice says sweetly, "Take my hand, Jerry" -- then you are ON lsd.

Prosit,

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

I've heard my speedometer sing nearer my God to thee. God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0 mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Thanks alot Bill. That is some good info. I appreciate it.

Greg

Reply to
jerryg

I like Earles vision as well, lol!

Greg

Reply to
jerryg

Does anyone know if there is a "lunchbox spool" available (besides Lincoln Locker)? I would like to try out a spool (cheaper that lunchbox locker) but be able to go back to open diff without much trouble.

Reply to
nrs

For a Dana 44:

God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

44:
God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0> mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.comhttp://www.billhughes.com/>

Thanks Bill. Knowing they are called mini-spools I'll be able to search for others.

Reply to
nrs