Vibration??

I have a '88 YJ with the Dana 30 front end with a locker. I have been noticing a vibration lately when I get up to freeway speeds. So, I checked my front U-joints the other day and felt quite a bit of slop. So, I pulled the front driveline. I went for a drive without the front driveline and noticed the vibration was gone. Wahoo! So, I figured it was the u-joints and replaced both of them. I put the driveline back in and now I have the same vibration. What now? I suspect the bearing on the outputshaft of the trasfer case. What do you guys think? Are these hard to replace?

Reply to
rjmax

You have 2 more u-joints that you don't mention..... The 'fun' ones to change out at the axle ends.

Mike

Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Ya coulda thrown a balance weight. Have your DS rebalanced.

Reply to
reconair
*snip*

ROFLMFAO!!!!

Oh damn... my dirty mind went wild on that one.

Reply to
KJ.Kate