'01 Tundra with vibration problem

I have a 2001 Tundra SR5, V8, with 41k miles. Runs great, but has a vibration that feels like it is in the drivetrain. Have replaced the tires, no change. Tires have been computer balanced several times, including rotation (front to rear & then cross rotation), but no fix. I put the truck on jack stands and put in gear. Tires are clearly not out of round and track straight. But, I did notice that the rear driveline (2 piece unit) appears to have a slight wobble, whereas the front portion of the driveline does not. U-joints look fine, with no extraordinary slop. I am tempted to remove the rear driveline and take to a local driveline shop for balancing. Has anyone heard of such a problem, or experienced this problem?

Reply to
Bob Sackimono

If there is a problem with the driveshaft this is Toyota's problem on the

Reply to
David J and Lynne J Shepherd

The driveshaft center bearing might be misaligned or failed. As said, this is a warranty item.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton

It is still under warranty, take it back to Toyota. If you haven't replaced the brakes that is probably what it is.

Reply to
Still Looking