vibration under acceleration (97 TJ)

I would like to know what the possible causes of a vibration I'm feeling while accelerating might be. My best guess so far is maybe my motor mount bushings are deteriorating (I haven't checked if this is true yet)l. What else might be the culprit behind a vibration under load of acceleration?

I mainly notice it when I'm flooring or near flooring the gas pedal, and especially in the higher (2800 and up) rpms. If I drive nice and gently, shifting early, and not pressing the gas pedal very hard, I don't notice the issue. But when I have to accelerate quick and hard onto a busy road, I notice it. Also, I can cruise along at 70 on the highway without noticing any vibration, so I don't think it is post t-case driveline related. It seems most closely linked with the amount I push the gas pedal and the rpms of the engine.

Thanks in advance for any and all ideas!

/Bob

Reply to
Bob

Bob did pass the time by typing:

Clutch slipping?

Reply to
DougW

You might have a look at the rear U-joints. When they start to get some slop in them they will cause a slight to moderate vibration on acceleration or deceleration.

Reply to
Jeep Guy