? want to fix rust spots..

hey guys i have a ? my 94 jeep wrangler is nothing fancy believe me but i would like to have the rust spot fixed on my drivers side fender ... its approx. 4 inches long 2 inches high... the passenger side i replaced 2 years ago.. i was able to find a fender exactly my color (black) for cheap... i won it on ebay for 50 bucks.. i went 100 miles to pick it up but it was worth it... now of course i cant find one... but a friend of a friend said he could patch my fender and also the rot under my door which is prob 8 inches by 4 inches... along with the hole in the floor from where it went through.. he said he will patch it and paint to look new for $300.00.. what do you think deal of no deal... ..

Reply to
agent99

Question is do you think it is a good deal? Is it worth it to you? For myself I would fix it myself, but then again I have the equipment to do that, and I like to do it. Sometimes the motivation is what I am missing. But for $300 I would proably be motivated into doing that as well. If you want it fixed and it is worth $300 to you I say it is a good deal. From the other side of the fence, I don't know if I would want to do it for much less than $300 if it were me doing the work. There is probably a few hours of work involved.

If it were my friend asking for work done I would invite them over, put the sandblaster in their hand, and we would take an afternoon and get it done.

Also concider the quality of work that you are expecting vs the quality of work your friend is willing to do for $300. Is he killing rust, and patching the hole? Or is he going the full mile and doing the body work, the primer, and paint too? And will you be happy with his work. I know that my work would not be as nice as a professional body shop, but for me and my buddies we are ok with that.

Reply to
Rusted

yes it will be worth it.. now that i look at it at the fact i bought it for 1800.00 6 years ago when my husband had gotten very very ill.. he had a stroke that left him paralyzed.. when i saw this jeep i knew we had to have it... and yes the guy i know who will do the work says it will look new... i hope i doesnt look too new.. who wants a jeep like that... HA>> thanks for the feedback...

Reply to
agent99