Water leak during driving - Jeep Laredo 1997

Somehow water leaks in on the passenger side when driving in rainy conditions.

If I use a water hose and spray water all over the vehicle or under the hood in the air traps or if I go to a car wash, there are no water leaks.

Also, the water comes out of the rear (back seat) air outlet exit on the passenger side. I stuffed a rag in the outlet and it was all wet during driving in rainfall.

The dealer thought the water was accumulation from the air conditioner that was leaking out through the air outlet so they drilled a larger hole in the front, under the dash where the heater box is. Driving in the summer with the A/C on in humid weather does not create a leak.

Maybe this cured part of the problem, but the fact remains that water still leaks in when I drive on the highway during heavy rainfall.

Does anyone have an idea where should I look for the leak ? The dealer can't find it and needs the Jeep to be left at the shop during rainfall.

Thank you !

Reply to
AC_VID