front dana 44 into back?

Is there any reason a front dana 44 from an F250 couldn't go into the back of a narrow track CJ7, I realize the D 44 is offset to one side, but if I measure the short side from rim to center of pumpkin it's 22" if I measure my AMC 20 in my CJ it's just under 22", so if I had the other side of the D

44 cut down, is there any reason it wouldn't work, aside from axles turning backwards, what other problem would there be?. This is a free D 44, with disk brakes, which I'm sure could be made to work on the back of a CJ. Anyone have any thoughts?
Reply to
Greg

L.W.(ßill)

Yes, it is reverse.