Get this

16 point checkup, only 14.95

They check

- Tires/tire pressure

- Windshield wipers

- Exterior lamps

- cooling system mixture/leaks

- air filter

- fluid levels (wonder if that includes diff/xfr case)

- belts/hoses

Ummm.. yea.

All of which should be routine checks for any vehicle owner.

Oh well.... Guess for some folks that is a bargain.

Reply to
DougW

L.W.(ßill)

Looks a nice place you have/had there.

Dave Milne, Scotland SJ & TJ

Reply to
Dave Milne

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Bill is the station still there? I seem to recall stopping for gas (usually Chevron) in Vista a few times in the 1990s going to and from Slant 6 Club meets held in Kit Carson Park. (I was driving down from Santa Monica in those days.) I was first licenced in 1978, so I didn't make any trips your way until later.

And, if the station is still there, please tell me that they still do service work and are not strictly a gas/beer/snacks/smokes dispensory!

Regards,

DAve

Reply to
DaveW

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Did you look at the invoice when you bought your Jeep. Not only do they send you stupid coupons, but they charge you $8 to do it.

Reply to
Jason

Jason did pass the time by typing:

They tried to. :)

After negotiating the sales price the dealer tried to add on 45$ or so for "advertising fees". I got up, started to walk out, and made it almost to the door before they relented. To me a negotiated an agreed on price is a verbal contract. They have no legal right to change the price without consideration.

for those who don't talk contractoreses, a consideration is what you get in return. i.e. If you give McDonalds 4.50 cash they give me a happymeal in consideration.

Reply to
DougW