What does anyone think about these

Ignition upgrades for an 81CJ7 with 258. Wondered if they made much difference in starting.

Reply to
Greg

Sure seems like a lot of money for junkyard parts Greg.

I mean sure they cleaned them up and put new stuff 'where or if' needed, but still...

Mike

Greg wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Greg, I have these components minus the plug wires left over after my MPI Upgrade and I had them on my system for less than a year.. Same system from Cape Conversions. If you are interested pop me an email.

Billo

Reply to
William Oliveri

I think the HEI is a good idea... I am doing that now (see previous thread). I considered buying it from them (your link) when I could not find one at my local bone yards. But I did finally find one about 40 miles away. They are getting harder to find in that most yards crush the older vehicles. I currently have about $90 in it with the good wires and all. I also checked, and you can buy the parts from AutoZone and the likes for about $300. From them (your link) it's $253 w/shipping.

Reply to
JimG

The link is for used junkyard parts though...

Mike

JimG wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
breyfogle

Yep

Reply to
JimG

BTW, the distributor from AutoZone (and the likes) is refurbished also...

Reply to
JimG

For sure Bill!

I am totally rebuilding my CJ7 one piece at a time and I do go for new parts if available when replacing.

I am more than capable as are most people to go to a wrecker and get a used distributor and clean it up to use again.

Mike

"L.W.(ßill) Hughes III" wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

So they just do the legwork on it then for their money.

Hey whatever works.

I just went with an Accel SuperCoil in my 4.2 with OEM Chrysler wires to get the hot spark and left the stock distributor using ported vacuum on the advance. Mine rocks nice.

Mike

JimG wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain