What length brake line for lifted CJ7 = REALLY close call tonight.

I do believe I've had it with SS braided brake lines. I've got a spring over CJ7 with 37 MTR's and coming home tonight from a night on the town and the drivers' side line blew apart right at the frame side fitting (2nd time a SS line has blown apart on me). One step on the pedal and the hydro boost spit out every drop of fluid in the system I think. It's pretty spooky feeling to be doing 55, hit the pedal and have it slam straight to the floor. Luckily for me I was on a back road with little traffic and managed to coast down to a reasonable speed so I could turn into a school parking lot. All was well.

What I would like to be able to do is walk into the local parts store and buy a set of factory style lines of sufficient length to accomodate my spring over lift. I would LIKE to be able to tell the parts droid exactly what make/model/year vehicle I want lines for.

I had lines for a 4" lift on there and they were fine for street use but could have stood a couple more inches of length for off-road use. A set of lines of sufficient length AND originally designed for a hydroboost system would be freakin awsome.

It would SURE be nice if someone could say "yeah dude! You need exactly THIS." Would make my life a bunch easier tomorrow morning and save me a few steps as well.

Reply to
T. Greening

"Yeah dude! You need exactly THIS":

Bendix 77241 Tru-Torque H36957 Raybestos BH 36957 Wagner 88958

All part numbers cross to the same part. I believe it's for an early model Ford F150. A slight modification is all that's necessary - drill the caliper side mount hole out slightly. I found mine at Advance Auto, plenty long enough.

-- JimG

80' CJ-7 258 CID 35" BFG MT on 15x10 Centerlines D44 Rear, Dana 30 Front. SOA 4.56 Gears, LockRight F&R Dana 300 w/4:1 & Currie twin sticks Warn X8000i w/ dual batteries

Reply to
JimG

After further research, those part numbers are for a 1979-1987 Chevy C30 truck, not the Ford, sorry. The NAPA part number is the same as the Raybestos number (BH36957)

JimG

Reply to
JimG