What was the OEM tire size on a '93 YJ?

1993 YJ S 4 cylinder 5 speed Pretty much bottom of the line, no "wrangler" sticker. Wife is getting new tire this week and we are going back to OEM wheels and tires (and shackles). I'm trying to determine if BFG makes the size I need. I have their PDF of sizes. The wheels are the stamped steel slotted silver ones, with the black plastic center cap.

Thanks for any info!

Reply to
Jeepers

O.K. nevermind. I found that it came with 205/75R15s Optionally with 215/75r15s and 225/75r15 according to tirerack.com

Can someone tell me the floatation size or outside diameter?

The clostest I can determine would be the option 215/75r15s in BFG ATs (27" od), but would those fit on a YJ S series without a lift?

Can I go up to the 29" ods? We're happy with the 215s if they'll fit.

Reply to
Jeepers

My 93 YJ had 225/75 SR15 tires OEM. I think they were the largest OEM tire available at the time.

Reply to
Dana Rohleder

I forgot to mention - look at the Bridgestone A/T Revo - a darn nice tire that is available in the 225/75 SR15 OEM size.

Reply to
Dana Rohleder

Thanks! I think we are gonna go for the same size in BFGs. What tires did yours have OEM?

Was yours an S series?

Reply to
Jeepers

I'm a BFG guy. My CJ and F-350 have them on.

215/r15 I believe was the S series OEM size.
Reply to
Jeepers

I don't know how to tell - it is pretty standard with the 4cyl. and 5speed. It did have aluminim wheels and a Wrangler sticker, FWIW.

Reply to
Dana Rohleder

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Excellent. Thanks. Bookmarked.

Reply to
Jeepers
1993 YJ S models came with 15 X 6 wheels with 205/75R15 tires, or 15 X 7 wheels with 215/75R15 or optional 225/75R15 tires. Tires were Goodyear Wrangler Radials OWL.

FYI. The Goodyear Wrangler Radials come in 235/75R15. They fit great, give a wonderful ride, and look stock.

I have the 235's on my Jeep see them here.

There are pictures with 205 and 235s on my web site.

Reply to
Mark12211