Where is "right fender side shield"

Where is "right fender side shield" as described here:

(important part of
is a 5mb file to get the full size, so don't bother) At least I how believe I just have a ground problem and not a bad PCM - yipee!

Carl K

Reply to
Carl K

which is a 5mb file to get the full size, so don't bother)>

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

What is the "side shield"?

Also, how can I tell where DRK GRN becomes BLK?

and I am guessing I may want to find that dot where more than one BLK converge - I am hoping it is part of G101

Carl K

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III wrote:

> which is a 5mb file to get the full size, so don't bother)>>

Reply to
Carl K

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Engine compartment grounds:

billy ray

neat.

Thanks.

billy ray wrote:

Reply to
Carl K

welp... I am guessing G101 is the one right next to the battery, that includes a line to the battery, a larger wire (14 gage?) and 2 smaller ones (18 gage?)

My tester pokes holes in wires - all 4 are grounded.

So either this is not G101, or something is broken between it and the relay.

The search continues.

Carl K wrote:

Reply to
Carl K

(10:03:00 AM) CarlFK: I am v.sure I have found my Heat/AC Blower problem (10:03:28 AM) rond: :) (10:03:32 AM) CarlFK: C206 - green wire on one side is not connected to the black wire on the other (10:03:53 AM) CarlFK: and the connector looks kinda green (10:04:01 AM) CarlFK: in a way a connector should not look (10:04:21 AM) CarlFK: and the 2 plactic things are kinda stuck together, (10:04:32 AM) CarlFK: as if someone spilled a few drops of coke on it

So no one put any more effort into this unless I come back swearing. Thanks to those that have helped.

Carl K

Carl K wrote:

Reply to
Carl K

lots of black around the connectors - pretty sure that is my problem :)

Reply to
Carl K

Wow, good detective work there!

That plug and socket are fried. I would bypass it with a shunt by hooking the two wires directly together. The heater blower in my Cherokee had the same issue at the first plug away from the heater motor and was a strange one to track down, but way less complex. I shunted it.

Mike

Mike Romain

ya think? :)

I would bypass it with a shunt by

yup: yank yank, snip snip, strip strip, but connector, crimp crimp and it blows!

Now to put the dash back together. yuck.

Carl K

Where exactly is that connector? Can you post a pix not quite so close up?

You might consider some dielectric grease on the other terminals to prevent corrosion and it never hurts to clean and grease any ground you find.

Reply to
billy ray