Why does RAMJ+W attract so much OT Political spooge?

I monitor several other newsgroups, a few other auto related, and none of them seem to attract all the cross posted crap that this one does. Why is that?

Are Jeep drivers / owners / enthisiasts somehow good targets for this nonsense? Does this newsgroup not have a charter that excludes off topic ranting such as this?

I know I can set up filters and such, but I am just curious why it occurs.

-Fred W

Reply to
Fred W.

L.W.(ßill)

Because if we get any more libs in power we won't have a trail to run. They want to shut down everything that belongs to us (US) without even a say in it. So to answer to question directly, most all of what Jeeping is about is political the libs have made it that way.

--James

Reply to
RocknTJ

I disagree, the level of spam, crossposting, kooks, trolls, etc. is relatively light in this group. Many groups have a charter, it really doesn't make any difference. A host either tolerates Usenet abuse or it doesn't, they rarely care about the charter.

Reply to
Jay Stuler

Seriously, if you tour a good number of newsgroups, you'll see the name 'xomicron' as the poster who starts a good majority of it. Lloyd parker comes to mind... Nick

Reply to
Nick N