will 18x9 wheels fit my cherokee? also an a/c Question?

beerman, the 195/40-18 size would be way to small, what i was thinking of would be more along the line's of 235/50 through 255/55, which all would be equal to or taller then the factory 205/75/15 it came with at

27.1 inch's. the tires on it now are 235/75/15 which are 28.8 inch's. i did not have time today to try one on will try again tomorow, will post finding's then.
Reply to
Brad Johnson

You're right. I got the wrong size as your factory original. If you use the calculator I provided, or go to tires.com and put in your vehicle, the Plus Size 3 shows 18s in the sizes you found.

Having found my mistake after posting, I still can't see why anybody would do what you are asking. It is gonna look stupid, in my humble opinion, and it will not work well for any sort of 4x4 operation of your Jeep. God will surely smite you dead, but that's just me ...

Reply to
CRWLR

Hehe, Why is the question alright. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

hay beerman last i checked it's a free country, i can put whatever i like on my jeep. i use it as a daily driver and i'am not going to enter any rock crawling contest. as a matter of fact i tried one on today, and in my "humble opinion" it looked "GREAT" and also fit almost perfectly, i may have to use a 1/4-1/2 inch spacer, it barely touches one of the suspension components and thats at full lock. i will try to get a pic of it in a few day's to see what everyone's opinion is. and on a side note, please don't involve god in your judgemental opinion, we're talking about jeep's not sin's.

Reply to
Brad Johnson

His point exactly :-)

Reply to
Dave Milne

Yes, it's a completely free country. You don't need my approval to go ahead. But the same freedom that lets you put 18" rims on an offroad vehicle lets me wonder why. Freddom is a two way street my friend, never forget it.

As for touching the suspension at full lock, there is an adjustment for that. You may not need those spacers. turn the wheel to full lock, then look where the rub is, typically at the back. If the rub is at the back of the left tire, for instance, go to the right side tire and look at the steering knuckle/lower control arm. There is a Stop Bolt that has no other job but to stop the steering before the parts rub. You can adjust this bolt so the steering stops before the tires rub. On my CJ, I loosen the lock nut and give the bolt a few twists out so it strikes sooner, but on a TJ, the bolt is removed and washers are placed behind it and then it is put back in. I am not sure how the Cherokee accomplishes the adjustment.

And, beerman is a spoof so the spammers can't find me, I go by CRWLR when posting and Jeeping.

As you can see, while I _think_ what you are trying to do is silly, I'm still offering advice to help you with the hurdles, so I am not being judgemental at all. Just because I would never in a million years do what you are doing doesn't mean that I am right, or even that I would impose my sense of what's right on you.

If you ever think that offroading might possibly be in your future, that tire and wheel combination will cause you serious problems. That is not my opinion, it is fact. Be sure to carry a spare, or four.

Reply to
CRWLR

The "God will smite you dead" thing was an attempt at humor in the hopes of getting you to change your mind about what youare about to do. It is Jeeping blasphemy to put 18" rims on an offroad vehicle. Surely you can appreciate the notion that the Jeep god will not be pleased ...

Reply to
CRWLR

As you can see, while I _think_ what you are trying to do is silly, I'm still offering advice to help you with the hurdles, ( I DO APPRECIATE THE ADVICE ) so I am not being judgemental at all. Just because I would never in a million years do what you are doing doesn't mean that I am right, or even that I would impose my sense of what's right on you. If you ever think that offroading might possibly be in your future, that tire and wheel combination will cause you serious problems. That is not my opinion, it is fact. Be sure to carry a spare, or four.

"and then you say"

The "God will smite you dead" thing was an attempt at humor in the hopes of getting you to change your mind about what youare about to do. It is Jeeping blasphemy to put 18" rims on an offroad vehicle. Surely you can appreciate the notion that the Jeep god will not be pleased ... so you contradict yourself first saying your not trying to impose your opinion and then you admit to trying to change my mind? your comments are very judgemental. talk about "blasphemy" look at what your saying, thats real blasphemy, joke or not. as a matter "fact" here's one for you. something like 90% of all s.u.v's are never used for any type of off-roading. im not trying to argue with you crwlr, i agree freedom is a two-way street, so your entitled to your opinion. all i'm saying is when i ask for help i'm not looking for your opinion included.

my mother alway's told me "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all"

Reply to
Brad Johnson

Now that that is settled. Do you have any pics yet? I usually make fun of those rims too but I would still like to see it when yoiu are done.

Eric

[...]

Eric Shade
[stifled noises]

:-)

Dave Milne

eric not yet give me a day or two, my brother has the digital camera and pc.

Reply to
Brad Johnson

i tried to post some pics on my bro's dell pc, but i could not figure out how to get them from "my documents" to here. if any body know's how let me know. or if i can send them to someone who can post for me, any volunteers? :-)

Reply to
Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson did pass the time by typing:

Well, that might be because this isn't a binaries group and your IPS is dropping the posts as it should. :)

Try alt.binaries.pictures.autos.4x4 or put em up on one of the many webby pages for photos.

Reply to
DougW