WINCH WIRING QUICK CONNECT

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Somehow it did, but I did replace the alternator once I got home. Funny thing, the fusible links in the hot wire didn't blow either.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

You may want to check these out or something like it. It sure would beat setting your jeep on fire.

aj

That just means you found a bad connection at the alternator. The bad connection arced causing the localized heat.

Mike

Mike Romain

Seconded. Powerpole connectors are the way to go. Pick the size you need for your amperage, spend the money and just do it. I don't remember seeing the big ones at powerwerx, but I've purchased powerpoles online from at least one of the normal industrial supply places -- grainger, mcmaster-carr, mcm electronics, etc.

sdb

Reply to
sylvan butler

you are right on. go to a large welding house and they have quick disconnects for large cables. i have used some snd they are great. old john

Reply to
ajeeperman