Winch Bumper or Other Mount

I recently was given an 8000 pound Warn Winch for my 4x4. An 07 2500HD Crew Cab. I have been looking for a good way to mount it that will be effective when I need it, look decent, and not cost a ton of money. Eventually I would like to put on the big Warn winch bumper, but I just do not have the cash to buy it right now. Not even from the Ebay traders. I just spent my extra cash on a good compressor, wagon jack, and a few other get unstuck tools to throw in behind the seat.

I was thinking of making some kind of mount for it, and cutting a hole in the current stock bumper, and just bolting the roller assembly over the hole. You guys have any other ideas that might be better?

Reply to
Bob La Londe

You could build a good mount like I did. I took one of the OLD fold down plate brackets and mounted it up front. Behind it I cut a hole large enough for a standard section of hitch tubing. Then I welded up a mount that bridged the stock frame behind the bumper, then mounted two pull straps from the tube back to the front cross member. Then install the winch on a portable mount. With this I can use the winch in the front or rear. For power I installed fork truck power connectors and a 4 way connector for the solenoid control cable.

Reply to
Steve W.

I'm getting there. Finally got around to fabricating and installing a front receiver yesterday.

Now for the removable winch mount. I've got a hitch extender that I could make one on, but HF has a complete one for 39.99. I want to look at it first though. Now to start hunting for some cable and connectors for the front and rear.

Reply to
Bob La Londe