Wiper motor

So I get everything put back together with my blower motor and test everything out ...now the wiper's won't work. I've checked the connections under the dash and here's what the symptoms are ('85 CJ7, 150CI 4cyl):

-When I start to turn the wiper switch, the motor clicks.

-On the one set of wires (Red, Green, Blue, Black - I think ...I'll have to doublecheck in daylight) the red and black on the outside edge will read 12V on the side of the connector that goes into the dash. None of the wires on the wiper motor (the same four, but on the other connector side) will read anything.

-The connector into the back of the switch (giant round connector) seems to be connected fine but the edges of the connectors are about 1/4" apart ...but I can't seem to push it in any further. I'm guessing this is what it's supposed to be like?

- The spray for wiper fluid works fine.

- The fuse reads 0 ohms when taken out.

I was going to test all the connections into the big round connector but it's too dark outside. So, before I waste all my time testing stuff, is there any next logical step to try and fix it?

Thanks for any help

Reply to
griffin

I would guess you have messed up the ground somehow. I would try running a booster cable from the battery negative to the motor or at least to the windshield frame to see what happens.

If you have an aftermarket frame, check that the wiper arms didn't get pushed over too far jamming the linkage.

Mike

griff>

Reply to
Mike Romain