Wiring/Ignition Oddity?

You all are gonna think this is crazy!! Last week my wiper motor pooped out, but I ran a new ground wire and it works fine again. Anyways, while I had the electrical harnesses unwired from the wiper motor (3wire)and switch, the engine ran great. I mean better than it has in 2 years. No bogging just running clean and good. More RPM range too.

After re-connecting the wiper motor, 3-wire switch, etc. It didn't run as good. I'm in the process of tracing the wiring in the painless wiring kit, but this seems crazy!

Why would the wiper system effect the engine performance? I know that the wiper system is active with the ignition switch on.

Any of you all seen anything so weird?

Reply to
Paul Brogren