Ignition problem wiring ..... any ideas to this ?

Hi,

Help...

Ok interesting problem for those who like ignition systems and things that don't start under odd circumstances.

My LandRover CSW 110 (1996) will not start unless I cross the solenoid with the ignition (black cable).

Readings on the meter are. With the original circuit. 9.85v to the wire when on or off. (ignition switch upper most = on, off = when dash lights are on only), totally off there is no reading at all.

i.e no extra boost to 12.5 v, when on.

Now if I was to take a reading from the relay switch (back of)....

With the original wire (black) still on the solenoid I get the following readings.

|(a) = 9.85v |(b) = 9.85v

_ (c) 3.5v

When the switch is turned on (i.e power boost)

|(a) 9.85v |(b) 9.85v - (c) 0 v

Now to a new lead (from the solenoid to the relay (by passing the inner wiring lume

Off position (only dash lights on).

|(a) 0 v |(b) 0v

_ (c) 0 v

On position

|(a) 0v |(b) 12v

_ (c) 12v

Relay pins a = 86 (red black) b = 85 (white + white/red) c = 30 (grey) d = 87 (brown (N))

Any help would be great

Regards

Matt

Reply to