WJ Lense Polishing

I had a 2001 WJ with the most awful scared head lamps.....I didn't know about lenses polishing till this news group mention that that was an option......I had a professional detailer working on the side come and polish my lenses.....they are like new now, clean and clear....what a joy from the terrible frosted look they had that made my Jeep look awful as well as dim head lights.....I am not promoting this fellows work but for a good job, it takes a process of wet sanding and polishing to accomplish this job.....no easy fix from the auto store goodies.....as he worked, the fellow said that the stealerships get all the best chemicals to clean and trim out a vehicle.... it is well worth the 60 dollars I spent to clear up a terrible blemish that there was no way for me to tackle my self.....

Reply to
Mindy

Happy Day when you get your baby all bright eyed again aye!

I have polished headlights out and let me tell ya, it's a big job.

how much did he charge you to do it? Any guarantees?

KJK

: :

Reply to
KJ.Kate

unfortunately with most polishing jobs like that, it will re-haze over much quicker the next time...

Reply to
Marc

Mindy proclaimed:

The materials can be found at a Home Depot or hobby store. The trick is in applying them in the correct grit grade and sequence so it neither takes forever or burns the plastic surface. A Dremel is just a bit small for something as large as a headlight set unless you have infinite patience. A good cordless drill, set of grits down to either rouge or tin oxide, and multiple polishing felts and cottons takes less than an hour for a both lights. And if it doesn't work out, the lights are available mail order for less than typical dealer price.

Reply to
Lon

Look around for a UV protectant coating. The Air Force uses it on some of their canopies after polishing to keep them clear but I have no idea where to even start looking (google??).

Reply to
Will Honea