Gas Milage

Anyone have any tips on improving the milage on my '06 Wrangler. I am getting about 16mpg highway, my '87 Cherokee gets 22mpg and it has 220K miles on it!

Reply to
Erich

itty bitty skinny tires. drive the speed limit or less. lots of wax (so the impact of the bugs wont slow it down).

I would love to see 16mpg with my TJ again! A good day, with a stiff gorge wind behind me and I might see 12mpg if I am lucky.

Face it - you bought a brick on wheels.

Reply to
jbjeep

Reply to
bllsht

KJKate

2O]]]]]]]O5 Liberty
Reply to
KJ.Kate
04 TJ 4.0 Sahara 5-speed 18-20.1 mpg, follow the speed limit, keep foot out of it, slow take offs, keep in the highest gear with out lugging, part highway and part city driving. My wife gets 22-25 on the 04 WJ auto trans. Coasty
Reply to
Coasty

How about advice on a 91 Wrangler (125k miles, 4.0, 5 speed) getting

10-12 MPG?
Reply to
testert555

All stock? besides obviously tuning it up, plugs, filters ect. check for clogged injectors, replace all your axle, trans and t-case fluids with a good synthetic. They are all probably due around 125k anyway... gummy 75W90 will cause eccess driveline friction... check your brakes also. out of adjustment drums dragging a little too much will really suck some extra fuel. Check for leaks, vaccum, oil, exhaust... also your O2 sensor (if there are no exhaust leaks.

There's lots of possible culprets.

Reply to
Simon Juncal

My 95 Cherokee (4.0, 4WD, Auto) only gets 11-13 combined MPG. :(

AFAIK, the engine is tuned up properly (Passed smog test), but I still need to look into replacing axle (and et c.) fluids though.

Reply to
noneyabusiness

Heh, my wife's '94 Wrangler (4.0, 5sp) gets around 20, my '95 Wrangler(2.5, 5sp)gets about the same(maybe just a little better). My wife's old 4wd Cherokee('93, 4.0, 5sp, 4wd)also got about 20. The only one that did better was the '94 Cherokee 2wd(4.0, auto)which got almost 23 on a regular basis.

-- Old Crow '82 FLTC-P "Miss Pearl" '74 XLH chopper(somebody else's baby now) BS#133, SENS, TOMKAT, MAMBM, DOF#51, DH#2 "There's only 1 RE"

Reply to
Old Crow

HMMMMMM????

Heh, my wife's '94 Wrangler (4.0, 5sp) gets around 20, my '95 Wrangler(2.5, 5sp)gets about the same(maybe just a little better). My wife's old 4wd Cherokee('93, 4.0, 5sp, 4wd)also got about 20. The only one that did better was the '94 Cherokee 2wd(4.0, auto)which got almost 23 on a regular basis.

Reply to
THOR