XJ coolant system redo

Does someone have a kit or sell parts to replace the odd closed coolant system on an 88 XJ? Also, is there a link to the procedure?

Reply to
twaldron

Most of the parts you need are available from the dealer and/or salvage yard:

Steve

twaldr> Does someone have a kit or sell parts to replace the odd closed coolant

Reply to
Steve

Reply to
twaldron

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

I did the swap on my 88. Man what an improvement. I replaced the radiator and heater control valve. It was a joy throwing out the old plastic pressurized overflow bottle. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

I did this on my 88xj two years ago. new 93 or later xj 3core radiator with water fill cap. 190.00 auto zone new heater control valve 16.00 napa or others. eliminate the coolant system container and run heater hoses same route, but not into old coolant cotainer. good time to add an overflow jug. 9.00 auto zone I aso had to use a newer style thermounit for the fan. works great and the old breakable closed system was always cracking.

old john

Reply to
johnny