Latest threads in Jeep and Willys (new and old)show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

97 ZJ JGC - Wont idle cold and now barely when warm!!
Greetings, I have about 81,000 miles or about 135,000 km. And keep it nice and maintained. Last fall i had problems , ZJ would not idle when cold, i replaced the IAC and we were back in business. I...
4
4

routine maintenance question
My jeep is about to turn 60,000 miles, and there is a bunch of routine service stuff recommended in the manual, such as changing transmission fluid and differential fluid. That much is fine and dandy,...
4
4

OME 2.5 inch lift and 32 inch tires
Anybody running 32 inch tires with an OME 2.5 inch lift? Any rubbing issues? Thanks, Neale
3
3

Correcting speedo error
A GPS is as accurate at calculating your vehicle speed as is a 'certified' speedo in a police car. So when the speedometer in my 2006 Liberty was registering 107 kph when the GPS was showing 120 kph,...
13
13

Steering woes
Well, the shop got the new track bar today, they went to put it on, and low and behold my Currie steering is also bent. Tie rod is bent out (away from the axle), drag link is bent, like you would...
9
9

AFT+4 In One But Not The Other
Just wondering my 04 TJ came with ATF+4 in the power steering system and my wife's 04 WJ came with Power Steering fluid why, can ATF+4 be used instead?
2
2

Best Manual for Jeep Repairs
Folks, I just purchased a 1959 CJ5 jeep and would like to get some recommendations on best repair/maintenance manuals to purchase. I see various manuals by a number of different companies. Also if you...
2
2

Installing manual locking hubs 99 wrangler
Hi there I have a 99 wrangler I am looking to installing a pair of manual locking hubs in the front axle.(dana 30) And wanted to know how hard it was to install? And are manual locking hubs the same...
13
13

Clanking Sound Came Back
Hi all: Last year I posted about the mysterious "Clanking" sound coming from the engine after driving in hot weather. Took it to the trans people that rebuilt it, after a few "we don't hear no...
12
12

'93 Grand Cherokee rear tranny seal
Quick question. Does the tranny on my '93 Grand (5.2L/46RH/NP249) have a seal, or is the seal on the front of the transfer case like it was on the 700R4 in my late GMC Jimmy? I'm dripping ATF, I'm...
2
2

YJ Speakers
Thinking about taking my dash out and installing new guages, new stereo and speakers. Anyone here use outdoor speakers in the stock YJ location, if so which ones. Thanks

Advice please: '90 YJ Conversion
Hello, Can anyone point me in the direction of a complete conversion guide for a '90 YJ? I'm kind of new to it all, but I'm hoping to upgrade the following, along with anything else required to do so:...
29
29

TJ not returning to center after turn
I have a 1997 TJ Sport with power steering. I posted this question a while ago but never really got an answer. The problem is that the steering wheel does not *completely* return to center after a...
16
16

1952 Willys Jeep
Good evening all. My boss has a 1952 Willys Jeep for sale. 4 cyl. Manual. 3 sticks on the floor. Jerry can. I believe Dana 44 front and rear. Newer top. Paint is faded, but the body is pretty good. I...
13
13

1998 Cherokee Heat Shield Back On and a new muffler
Cost me $53 at Menominee Auto Pro It's a good auto repair and I 've seen a few Sam