03 Rio door lock

Had this problem a few years ago, never solved it as it went away. Came back tonight, electric locks, drivers door won't open. Go to passenger side and try to open , locks flick up and down, catch it on the 'open part' , climb in and exit thru passenger side . This is normally a no big deal as I live in a quite area, trouble is I'm heading to Atlanta for a week long class and I don't think I can leave it unlocked like I do around here. As I'm driving the driver door is locked, all others are unlocked , the " door open" light is on and the beeper is on.... All suggestions welcome, and I mean all !

Reply to
Phil

Same think happened to me with a 03 Optima. I went to the dealer and them had to change the driver side lock.

easy

Reply to
Easy

Problem went away again ...one of several things that's happened over the years, not going into drive on very cold mornings....went away. Check engine light, ( I know to check the gas cap) would come on several times a day for weeks , went away .. never had to call for a tow but I have this feeling one cold rainy night these things will connive together at some real bad time.

Reply to
Phil