1995 KIA Sportage check engine light on. Want to know how to diagnose.

Hi, The check engine light in my kia came on a few weeks ago so i took it to autozone and they used a paperclip to jump 2 wires in the diagnostic port. I can't remember which wires they are. The light just came back on and i can't find what it is. i know about the gas cap and all that i just want to know if anyone knows how to jump those wires.

Thanks

Reply to
the1who89

I would take it to another auto parts store that does free diagnostics,the light on my Rio came on last year intermittently . I was never near a store when the light came on so I never found out what it was , it eventually cured itself .

Reply to
PhilO

engine light in my kia came on a few weeks ago so i took

OK I figured out how to do it. i can't find a book on it anywhere but i got it out of a book for sephias of the same year. I snapped a pic of the diagram of the port with the instructions on jumping the wires. i'll post a link to a pic soon. turns out my o2 sensor was unplugged

Reply to
the1who89

Nice , glad it was an inexpensive fix.

Reply to
PhilO

wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@i38g2000prf.googlegroups.com...

Somebody posted this link a few months back , I'd forgotten all about until tonight.

Reply to
PhilO