New Kia owner

Just bought a Spectra5 last nite and looking for a good forum to join, any leads appreciated. This group doesn't look too active, so hope there is something better. Thanks.

Reply to
Paul O.

A) I'll refrain from taking that personally;

B) My guess is this group will pick up markedly in the next few years, if Kia continues its upward movement. Its sister company, Hyundai, has a very active site through this same alt.autos news group. I would expect that to just keep being more and more the case.

C) If you are quite the "personality," you might be the person that really starts picking this group up and having it do something. It has to start somewhere and with a special somebody.

D) This is one person voting and hoping you stay. Start some threads, and let us know what you think of your Kia.

Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt

Special somebody? Me? Don't think so. May have questions or comments occaionsally, Will be interested in other's experiences with Kia.

Reply to
Paul O.

I too hope you stay. I have a Sedona as well as a Sonata. I wish they would have named them something else because I continually get them mixed up. I lost my Sonata windshield to a truck's rock throwing prowess last week and insisted to my insurance company that it was the Sedona until I listened to what my wife was yelling at me (one of those rare occasions). :o)

I like the looks of the Spectra5 except the lack of rear vision inherent with all of the variations of that design out there. Is it a problem for you?

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Oh, and I bought my Sedona with free oil changes and tires for life. Never paid a cent for either service. Really nice. I supposedly got free oil changes from Hyundai but they want to charge me for shop supplies, oil disposal, and various other mysterious items but give me free oil and filter. Go figure. Two sister dealers within a mile of each other who treat their customers entirely different.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Thanks Tom, I haven't found the rear vision to be a problem. I use the little convex mirrors that stick on the outside mirrors for the blind spots. I wouldn't be without those on any car.

Reply to
Paul O.

A diesel would be cool, but usually the initial expense and maintenance of one would turn me off. I'm hoping to get good enough mileage out of the Spec5 to make me happy.

Reply to
Paul O.

Paul,

Here are two active KIA message boards: