1995 KIA Sportage Error codes

Just another thing,I bought KIA's shop manuals and their funky cd. 90 bucks, but as you know we have no choice, since Haynes or Chilton don't publish one. I just thought I would tell how to get the codes off of this Sportage. Look near the brake fluid container for the data link connector.It has a cap on it that unsnaps and hinges to the one side.Look at it so the groove is at the top. I think the dealers computer snaps into this. On the inside looking at the terminal make sure the top has two connectors to the left and tow on the right. On my Sportage this connector is upside down. The reason is you will poke a jumper wire from two terminals and I don't want you to get the wrong ones. -- -- ----------x ---------x- This diagram shows the place to cram your wire ends. Make sure you do not get a strand of wire into the next slot! First-remove negative battery cable and press brake pedal for 15 seconds with ignition off of course.This will erase the codes.Replace cable,warm up engine for 3 minutes, above 2000 rpm, I took it for a drive. Turn it off, put the jumper in, turn the key but do not start. Look for the check engine light to flash ...it will flash long flashes then short flashes...if you miss it , it will repeat..I have all the codes in my shop manual,I don't know if the KIA dealer will tell you. After selling fuel filters for 39 bucks, I don't have much faith in them. I have an error code of one long flash and two short ones----12--- Throttle position sensor..Hope this helps.

Reply to
onthehop