2001 Sportage Limited Edition

Hi...was wondering if anyone here has made any complaints about the front wheels. They are a disgrace, the brake powder almost completely covers the two front wheels, it is an awful sight. I clean them one day and they are right black the next. Now, the brake powder is starting to eat through the rims. I was told I can spend $80 to put plates behind the rims to stop the dust and then I can spend $150 to have the wheels (rims) refinished. I do not feel I should have to pay for this. Anyone else been through this??

Thanks alot! Lori

Reply to
Lori M

Hi Lori, is this something that just happens if you have 4x4? I'll check mine out otherwise. I didjust have my whole muffler system replaced. The recall for the converter was paid for at a whooping $900 and I only had to pay $252. My end piece was already new. Hopefully I didn't get screwed??? Lily Mae

Reply to
Lily Mae

Kia refinished my wheels (4), I purchased the rim protectors.

Has anyone found brake shoes that do not cause this problem?

Reply to
Billy

Thanks Billy: Did you have to pay for it or under warrenty?

Reply to
Lori M

Kia paid to have the wheels to be removed cleaned balanced etc. I paid for the protectors.

Reply to
Billy

the fix is easy. next time you have the front brakes done, insist on Bendix titanium pads. they cost a little more, but they don't have the carbon in the pads that migrates out over the rims, also you might be able to get shields from J.C. Whitney. while the tires or off for new pads, it's no big deal to add them on the rim.

Reply to
helix

I found a company that sells the dust shields,

sell for $35 each, they mount just under the tire. that should solvethe dust problem, also the Bendix Titaniun Pads will cut down the dust by50%

Reply to
helix