2003 Sedona Front Brake pads Replacement?

I am getting ready to go on a 3000 mile trip in our 2003 Sedona, 31000 miles, and the brakes are getting thin in the front, so I am going to replace them. Anything out of the ordinary on swapping out the pads? Any special tools or additional parts required?

Anything else I should do at 30k on this?

Have done normal oil and air filter replacements, etc. Manual states to replace plugs at 30k, but everywhere else on the net states that US Sedona have platinum plugs and are good to 60 k. There has been no problems with this van at all, the thud in the front end that everyone complains about, that's about it.

Thanks.

Reply to
MikeT

snip

No, 30 min job.

Reply to
Scraggy

Thanks for the response, actually I was surprised to find that the pads are only 1/2 gone at this point. I am going to old off until warmer weather to replace them. After reading people haveing horror stories on these wearing out all the time I thought they would be gone, but once I got in there, well there fine.

Thanks

Reply to
MikeT

Probably, it's the fact you have some idea how to drive. Many do not realise what is involved in slowing and stopping a couple of tons, particularly if moving at 'warp speeds' :)

Reply to
Scraggy

and the brakes are getting thin in the front, so I am going to replace them. Anything out of the ordinary on swapping out the pads? Any special tools or additional parts required?

plugs at 30k, but everywhere else on the net states that US Sedona have platinum plugs and are good to 60 k. There has been no problems with this van at all, the thud in the front end that everyone complains about, that's about it.

Just be sure to take a good look at your rotors while you're at it.

Have a safe trip.

-- Christian '02 Sedona EX Visit

!

Reply to
CMM

Rotors are good, no major rutts and no warpage felt on braking. Thanks

Reply to
MikeT