2001 f250 front end shakes

Hi, I have a 2001 F250 S.D. 2 wheel drive. Recently I have been getting a violent front end shake around 50 mph. Thought possible either out of balance wheel/tire but changed and still have the problem. My next thought is tie rod ends. I am still looking for other sugguestions.

Thanks

RCS

Reply to
Ron Serling

Warped brake rotor? How is it under braking? Wheel bearing perhaps? Is there any free play in the steering? You can check ball joints and tie rods by getting the wheel off the ground and checking for play at 12/6 o'clock and 9/3 o'clock. 12/6 is ball joints, 9/3 is tie rods.

Reply to
gw