front end noise in 95 maxima??

When I am at a stop with car running and turn steering wheel back in forth there is a cracking noise coming from the front end?? Any ideas? Cv joints are good. Tie rods are good too?? Thanks Nelson:)

Reply to
:

Could be many things. Bad stabilizer links, bad struts, bad strut bearings, bad wheel bearings, etc. Have someone else turn the wheel while you take a look.

Reply to
JimV

My guess would be bad strut bearings. These are prone to failure on the Maximas. Have someone turn the wheel while you watch - if you notice that as the wheel is turning the spring/strut assembly sorta loads/and then turns, i.e. jerky turning then its a bad bearing - you'll probably hear the grinding of the bearing too.

Cheers. Nirav

96 Max GLE, 107k
Reply to
Nirav J. Modi