Amanti gas mileage

I have an Amanti about two months old, and find that the gas mileage is very poor... about 14 mpg. I like everything else about the car except this. Has anyk one else had a similar problem?

John Simpson

Reply to
John & Maritess Simpson

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 21:00:47 -0500, "John & Maritess Simpson" pecked out:

Heavy Car + Big Engine = Low Mileage.

Get used to it. I have the same issue with the Sedona.

How do you like driving it? I'm still considering...

Reply to
filesiteguy

The Kia Canada site places it at: 19.8 MPG (imperial) city 32.5 MPG (imperial) hwy

Edmunds has it at: 17 MPG (US gallons) city 25 MPG (US gallons) hwy

These numbers match up fairly closely, which leads to the inevitable question, how do you drive the car? Easy or hard?

Also, the experience with my Sorento is that the mileage improves over time. The key is to baby the car over the first 2000 kms (1200 miles) or so, with lots of steady highway driving being ideal.

Finally, is the 14 MPG figure a combined total or simply city stop-and-go?

Hope this helps!

Reply to
Tim Lapin

I have a new Amanti with 600 mi and am getting 17.5 mpg with 100 percent city driving so far. If you're spending a lot of time at red lights or idling this can reduce the mileage.

Reply to
DucksBreath

My Amanti is almost 11 months old and my average gas mileage (50-50 hiway and very congested city )is around 19MPG. The car has 8300 miles on it now.......Yeah, it would be nice if it was alot better but it ain't going to happen...............

Reply to
buzzardbreath