Sorento germany

Hi,

I want to buy the Soernto EX 2.5 CRDI in Germany. Any german users here ?

Are there any problems with this car ?

Is it possible to get the original KIA Radio/CD-Changer anywhere except with an ex-europian car ?

\Andreas\

Reply to
Andreas Soehnel

The main problem in Germany: you have to wait about one year for a new Sorento. Kia Germany even does not have any brochures for the Sorento at the moment. I'm on a waiting list for a brochure... ;-(

I'm investigating the internet since a couple of weeks and I did't found many complaints about bugs or whatever problems with this car. You'll get a lot of car for your money

My next new car (in 1-2 years) will be a Sorento.

Best regards

Michael

Reply to
Michael Meier

Michael Meier schrieb:

I asked my dealer for the brochure and I got one. Or are there any new brochures ? The only new brochure I've seen is about the Brabus Tuning.

I'll order the car next week, and the dealer told me, the car will be available in Jan/Feb 2005.

Yes, but I have to sell my Mercedes E270 T CDI to the dealer, and so there is no discount on the Sorento.

\Andreas\

Reply to
Andreas Soehnel

I don't know. Maybe there are also minor changes at the car. AFAIR they modified for example the radiator grille before a couple of while.

I've seen some images of this tuning in the net. Not bad.

Any ideas how much discount they normally give on a Sorento? I'll try to sell my old car (A6 quattro) directly or via the Internet. To get an idea how much your old car is still worth

a helpful site.

Best regards

Michael

Reply to
Michael Meier

Andreas,

I do not think that you want to have the original Kia radio. Most of them contains a cassette player. You better buy the frame in which you can mount a normal 1/2 din radio. As a bonus you can store 4 CD's in a box that is beneath the radio.

Deliverytime in Holland is between 1 and 1 1/2 year for a new Sorento. I was lucky to be able to buy an almost new Sorento 2.4 EX from a dealer. This car had been used as demo car and had only driven 4000 Km. I was the first that reacted to the internet advertisement. After me this dealer got 120 reactions from other people that were also interested.

You get so much car for your money. It drives great and gives you the feel that you are really driving a vehicle. I love it. Any questions, let me know and I will be happy to try to give you the answers.

Peter Leiderdorp Holland

Reply to
peter

I am in Australia, I have to wait more than 4 months for shipment with specified colour (Ice Blue) Car is great value for money, The car comes with single CD/radio (not top notch just so, so...) as compared with other named brand. Better get after market one. At the moment all OK just minor plastic fixture needs to be fixed proper. Anthony

Reply to
A Yeung

Does anybody in Germany know of any KIA authorized service centers close to Frankfurt or Kaiserslautern? I sent an email request to KIA.de several weeks ago and never got a response.

Reply to
farm2001

peter schrieb:

In the german brochure the show an full height Alpine with internal cassette-player and with CD-Changer.

Alpine is not that bad, so I thought it is a good choice.

\Andreas\

Reply to
Andreas Soehnel

Go to

-> Service -> Ihr Kia Händler (Your Kiadealer). Then enter 60311 Frankfurt or 67655 Kaiserslautern and choose"Servicepartner".

HTH

Best regards

Michael

Reply to