Engine light turns off.

Quick question for the group? I have a 2003 Kia Rio 73500k Runs great. Engine light came on about 700 miles ago. I ran the diagnostic and came up with a slow response O2 sensor, I have not replaced it yet but I noticed this morning that the light is now out. Does anyone know if after X amount of miles does the light reset itself or possibly the o2 sensor is functioning better now.

Reply to
bob

bob wrote in news:Xns9A33CDB3A24E9rmh32495comcastnet@216.196.97.136:

The light should not turn off unless the sensor was no longer causing an alarm. I think it is X amount of ignition off-on cycles (without an alarm) that resets the light.

Reply to
Jeff