Vibe engine light

2003 Vibe, 90k miles. Engine light came on last summer, I replaced the forward O2 sensor. Light went out for a while, now it's on again. I'm thinking the rear O2 sensor. Anybody have ideas? Car runs great otherwise.
Reply to
Eric

Could be the gas cap if you're not "clicking" it enough times when you put it back on after getting gas. If that is what it is, it will clear itself after about 30 starts. The folks at Auto Zone can hook the car up to a sensor and tell you what is causing the code.

Melissa

Reply to
Melissa

Lets throw a new engine and transmission in there while we're at it. That'll fix it. Or we could try going to a local autoparts place like Autozone/AdvanceAutoParts that will "read" your codes at no charge.

Reply to
Bon·ne·vil

When your Engine light comes on, the car's computer stores a code which tells you what is wrong. Simply throwing parts at the car isn't going to do a thing, unless you happen to 'guess' the correct part. Some parts stores will scan the computer codes for you for free. 100's of things could have caused that light to come on.

Reply to
80 Knight