Check Engine Light

99 Ranger

73,xxx miles

is this scheduled engine check? then how reset? or is this trouble? all runs quiet and cool but light came on today

Reply to
RS

It is trouble, means a code has been set & needs to be read. It can be reset with the code reader. The dealer can read & diagnose it, or some here have mentioned getting theirs read at AutoZone.

Blair

Reply to
Blair Baucom

Allen, It probably needs new O2 sensor/s. Take it to a Checker Auto or similar and they will read the codes for free. Sparky

Reply to
Steve Parker

Autozone doesn't read the codes here anymore. They say it's got something to do with liability but the manager of the Autozone store I went to read my code for me anyway. It turned out to be an O2 sensor and the dealer fixed it for free

Even though the warranty on my 2002 F-150 truck has expired (40,000 miles), the warranty on the emissions has not.

Reply to
Phoxie Phreak

Bought a reader (160$) came up P0133 (Sensor CKT slow response) Bank 1 Sensor 1

O2 sensor was good guess

I reset the code without repair How critical is that repair.. Should I make a pitstop or wait?

Reply to
RS