kia questions

Looking for something easier on gas than my trucks. Considering a used KIA. Any comments on what to avoid? what to buy? problems?

thanks

Reply to
mgoodman1

If gas mileage is a concern, avoid the Sedona minivan. I'm not sure about other Kia models.

Reply to
CMM

I get Roughly 35mpg on my 99 sephia. I bought mine for the same reason you are looking. GAS. My Other vehicle is a 2004 Dodge Dakota 4.7L Quad Cab.

16mpg. I havent had any trouble out of my KIA since I bought it. I love it.

Reply to
Mike Houston

Kia cars suck!!!No horsepower. I had a Kia Sephia, it was dying after 2 years. Dude, it was backfiring. I never heard of a car doing that so soon

Reply to
pissedoffcommuter

Reply to
global

So soon? It's not like cars wait until they get a certain age to develop problems. And, it's not like backfiring is inevitable. Did you have the car serviced according to schedule, including the replacement of the timing belt? Cars are intricate; there are a lot of things that can go wrong-- from the simple to the complex. That's why there are mechanics, garages, service centers...

-- Christian

Reply to
CMM

Reply to
Robert Black

I didn't know that about the Sedona. My fault for making assumptions, I suppose.

-- Christian

Reply to
CMM

Reply to
Robert Black

For an '05, this

16 for town and 22 for highway.

-- Christian

Reply to
CMM

kia has had many mechanical problems in the past the new models may be a little better" but. "in my opinion" it will take kia a good long while to be as good as honda or toyota also the resale value on a kia is terrible which really reflects the market value on them. if your gonna buy one you better get an "extended warranty to protect your self" & keep it for a long time because depreciation as mentioned is terrible" i would really look at something else

-- johnin

View this thread:

Send from

johnin

little better" but. "in my opinion" it will take kia a good long while to be as good as honda or toyota also the resale value on a kia is terrible which really reflects the market value on them. if your gonna buy one you better get an "extended warranty to protect your self" & keep it for a long time because depreciation as mentioned is terrible" i would really look at something else.

Try to figure out how to turn on text wrapping in your newsreader. The text is stretching across several screens. {:o)

-- Christian

Reply to
CMM

Well I just bout a 2006 Sportage -

little better" but. "in my opinion" it will take kia a good long while to be as good as honda or toyota also the resale value on a kia is terrible which really reflects the market value on them. if your gonna buy one you better get an "extended warranty to protect your self" & keep it for a long time because depreciation as mentioned is terrible" i would really look at something else.

Reply to
Terry Cano

I have a 98 KIA Sportage. It runs like a clock.

Reply to
Scribner

Down?

Reply to