Kia Sportage 2001 Warranty problem

The Bob Dance Kia dealer on Merritt Island in Florida says my car over- heated and will not fix the engine. My mechanic say NO WAY !! this car did not over heat and will go to court and say so. The service manager does not want to hear it. The customer support line at 1-800 says they cannot overrule the Kia mechanic so my only choice is to get another opinion from yet another Kia dealer. Seems to me the dealer in my town know the dealer in the next town so I'm thinking this is not a wise move, just more frustration.

Dealer claims the head gasket (via their diags) is bad but there is no oil in the water or visa-versa. My mechanic did a dry then wet compression check and has assured me it is the piston ring. Any suggestions?

Reply to
jhorgan1

in my 2001, the inpeller of the water pump disintegrated. Engine fried. gaige never even showed it was overheating till it was too late. I put a used engine in,($1200) and $900 labor. my mechanic took good care of me.

My daughters Kia (2000) was seeping coolant, but I never found where it went. when they took the head off to change the gasket, the mechanic magnafluxed the head, only to find a hairline crack between #2 and #3 cylinder. it wasn't pressurizing the cooling system, instead it leaked small amounts of coolant into the cylinders, and burned it, causing the coolant to go down and slightly overheat the engine. pull the plugs and see if they have a red coating, thatwill tell you. I was fortunate that the head from the old 2001 engine was still good, so I shipped it to the mechanic that was working on my daughters car in upstate new York, and they used the 2001 head on the 2000 engine.

Reply to
helix

i'm a kia mechanic in scotland, what is the exact problem you are facing?

Reply to
cra19y