KIA Sportage brake lite prob.

Within the last month, the parking brake tends to go on and off at will. I have tried everything to duplicate the problem, but I can't. It seems to get better the longer the car is driven. Any ideas? Thanks.

Reply to
Scribner

Check the fluid in the master cylinder. It's probably getting low. Also check your front brake pads. Your pads could be worn out causing the fluid to now be residing in the calipers.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Thanks. But I had a complete brake job 2,000 miles ago. But I will check the brake fluid. Thanks.

Reply to
Scribner

If the fluid is low and the front brake pads are near new, then it's time to look for leaks.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Well, the fluid was low, but I don't see anything on the floor. I'll have to check the insides of the tires. Thanks.

Reply to
Scribner

You'll want to do a thorough inspection. Check all the brake lines, check the master cylinder, remove the drums and check the wheel cylinders.

Reply to
hyundaitech