KIA: Worst Financial Decision I've Ever Made

Sorry to hear about your Sedona. A warranty is only as good as the people you have to rely on to honor it. What vehicle did you trade up to?

I've read that bad dealers are one of Kia's weaknesses. I've also read that the corporation is trying to improve that. I suppose time will tell.

-- Christian

CMM

I traded for a PT Cruiser.

I'm not particularly down >

BudE

Yes, you make a valid point. But what you completely missed the boat on is how was the vehicle treated and maintained for the first 100,000 miles? If you let an idiot put 100k on a car....wait, a MINIVAN for chrissakes that was probably helped along into its current condition by several kids, and then you get it...guess what, you just inherited a nightmare. And you cannot blame Kia for that.

I'm going to second what was said here. You've been hell bent on bashing Kia ever since you got here. Can I wave and help show you the door now that you've sold "the worst car of your life"? I mean really, why stick around and fill the room with hate?

BTW - My 97 Sephia turned 100k on the way back from six flags magic mountain last weekend. We still managed to hit 105mph in traffic running smooth as silk. Hasn't burned a drop of oil, doesn't leak anything..but it does need a clutch pretty soon.

But by your logic I should probably expect a door to fly off and the engine to throw a rod next time I drive it since I've hit the magical

100k mark.

Regards,

Chris

Reply to
halatos

Well, for some of the things, possibly. For some of them, no.

First, this isn't alt.fan.kia. There's nothing to indicate that it's a gathering place for those who love Kia autos. Second, let's be accurate. I have not been "hell bent on bashing Kia" since I got here. My first post was seeking help on problems with my Sedona. I've posted a lot of messages trying to help others.

What's odd is, I say negative things about a vehicle and you say I "fill the room with hate," but you and others don't mind shifting the issue away from an inanimate object in order to attack a person.

Why shouldn't I stick around? If the responses to my very first post here are any indication, someone who can offer some help on a Sedona would be good in this group.

My Sedona was past 106K and still had all four doors (five, if you count the hatch), and hadn't thrown a rod.

-- Christian

Reply to
Christian M. Mericle

I Dont share your View.. i have 4 kia,s 2 optima s and 2 sedonas that we use for our company.a 03 with a mere 178956 miles on it and it runs great 2 new sets of Tires one new Alt(pain in the ass) and a set of Brakes oh ja the rotors had to be cut! At the present time i am looking at replacing the 03 with a 05! I may not get much for the 03 but hell i drove the living S*&^% out of it(or should i say the delivery driver has.)

Reply to
Tom