Kia Sedona sliding door handle

Hello,

Not long ago my wife went to open the sliding door on the driver side of my 2002 Kia Sedona and it broke where it pivots. For the life of me I can't imagine why they made it out of plastic. The way it broke makes it impossible to repair, the whole handle and lock mechanism would have to be replaced ($300+).

I was wondering if that's something common among Sedona owners.

Thank you.

Reply to
PCman

I had to have my handles replaced on my 2003 Sedona during the first year. They didn't break. They just wouldn't unlatch the doors completely. One side still doesn't work cleanly but the dealer never could fix it so we live with it. At least now I know not to pull too hard on it!

Reply to
631grant

My Door handle on my Kia sedona just broke also. 2002. The rear sliding exterior handle.

Reply to
jennifer.hutchison

There was a 'TSB' sent out about this issue, which I believe was restricted to the '02's and some early '03's (before they fixed the defect).

This is not a recall, and does not save you from the expense, but at least the dealer should know just what to do.

While I fault Kia for niggling little problems like that, I will also commend them for finding the problem (by the middle of the '03 model year) and fixing it. There were a TON of annoyances on the '02 that were fixed in later models.

I think you would find that the '08 is an infinitely superior vehicle, with a build quality many times that of the '02. And right now, the incentives for owners of current Sedonas to buy new ones are really good.

My Door handle on my Kia sedona just broke also. 2002. The rear sliding exterior handle.

Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt

I wanna know if it's posiblle to get the MANTENANCE BOOK for SEDONA 2008 (2007 or 2006) Thanks

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:8c00f30c-614a-477b-b4d8- snipped-for-privacy@p43g2000hsc.googlegroups.com:

Reply to
Dumais Pat

Pretty easy, actually. Go to this website:

Register (it is the simplest registration you will ever see), and it will let you in on TSB's, recalls and more, all free. Also on that page on your far left is a link called, "publications." Click on it, and it gives you the entire list available. Many of the things listed are even free, though the full service manuals are not.

It does give you an 800 number for ordering, though (actually 866-542-6268).

And the price is better than most domestics.

Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt