Radiator

I have a 2002 kia sedona. The radiator core seems to have a leak on the left side (looking at it from front) Steam and hissing and I can see liquid cathcing on the ridges as you look down on the side of radiator. I was thinking of replacing the radiator instead of putting bardahl in it. Is it just a matter of moving everything out of the way or is some special tool required or pulling the front of the van off?

Reply to
Ringer

I would recommend replacing the radiator. It used to be that they could easily be repaired. Now that they are made of aluminum, with plastic tanks, it's harder to fix.

In most cases, the radiator can be removed from the top. The hard part may be getting to all the hoses to disconnect them, and to drain it. The front fascia may make accessing things from underneath more difficult.

KM

Reply to
Kirk Matheson

Hopefully he fixed since posting 6 months ago! :) Either that or parked it.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

I fixed it. Since no one got back to me in 6 months I forgot all about the post. I had to pull off the whole front end and put a new radiator, hoses and thermostat in. After all that the check engine light hasn't come back on since and even the kia dealer didn't know what was making it stay on.

Reply to
Ringer