101 lighting diagram

Is the lighting diagram available on the web anywhere?

After 9 years out of use a mate has expressed and interest so I've pulled my GS out of its corner. Fuel pump failed to prime but once that was sorted it fired up immediately. Clutch was stuck to the flywheel but we jacked all four wheels off the ground (for safety) and freed it off in about 5 minutes. She's wept a bit of oil onto the nearside rear brake and the fronts are tight but OK apart from that.

Big problem is the electrics, wiper seized and no lights. Symptoms point to the army convoy switch as hazards were intermittent and now off completely, sidelights but no indicators nor headlights but headlight flasher OK. Any solutions welcome.

If we sort this quickly I'll be looking for an lpg conversion, any recommendations? My landi renzo (sp?) on the 110 only manages about

14mpg and I've seen reports of 15 with some 101 conversions, again I'd be interested in actual experience and a source of DIY bits for it, even if I have to have it professionally certified for insurance later.

AJH

Reply to
AJH

First thing to do is to just flip all the switches you can see, a lot, with the battery disconnected and then see how many of them work after that. Then a quick spray of switch cleaner from somewhere like Maplin, often helps.

I've got switches on my old non-landy which took months before they'd work reliably, now they're fine!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

its in the green repair and operation manual. available here:

Could be the big rotately light switch. Mine actually worked fine but the wiring was melted elsewhere. I gather that the IR switches often break the headlights too. Try removing/bypassing that.

Reply to
Tom Woods

You've got mail.

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

Tom Woods uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Relay was one of the ones bolted to the A pillar area on the drivers side on Morph it it helps any.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

It doesn't seem to be here but no worries the link Tom (and Gerald by e-mail) gave was good.

Fault was in some scotch lock connecters gone open circuit, in the loom from the indicator/dipswitch down the steering column, replaced with crimps now.

Wiper drive shaft needed removing and oiling as it had seized in its tube.

Just a check of the brake drums and the oil levels and he'll take it for MOT next week.

I still need recommendations for an lpg conversion but my mate wants to scrap the 110 and take the kit off that! It was looking a bit sad with the hardtop lifted and the screen out.

Luckily I managed to replace my cracked screen just as my order of dampers and bushes arrived, truly a next day delivery after some false starts, thanks Richard.

AJH

Reply to
AJH