101 odd one?

I can remember seeing once somewhere a101gs fitted with a HIAB. The name Challenger rings a bell too. Was this a limited production model (estimated max of 6 produced) or were they fitted by Reme as an add on? If anyone could shed any light on this matter..and if you can point me in the direction of a piccy i would be highly grateful..

-- Brev

101 Ambie (Matilda)
Reply to
Brevit

Found this on Google:

But it doesn't seem to be a 101...

Reply to
Tim Biller

Mmm....no not a 101 is it,never mind.To clarify a bit the "challenger" i think was like a pet name given to the 101 fitted with the HIAB. I know (now) it has nothing to do with "Project Challenger" Oh well gotta keep hunting.... Rev 'n' Go Brev

Reply to
Brevit

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 20:56:17 +0100, "Brevit" made me spill my meths by writing:

There is one at the Dunsfold Collection, it might have been out on display recently if anyone was there?

A Brit in the US has one, Howard I think. He might be lurking.

Some info here with a piccy of one I think:

A bloke living between Harrogate and Knaresborough has a 101 with a bright yellow jib on the back but that's not what you were meaning is it :)

All the best

Reply to
Wayne Davies

Cheers Wayne !!! I knew I had seen one. Pity about the soundtrack on the site "MASH" or "Suicide is Senseless" as i think it was called.... Should have been "Iron Maiden".......

Brev

Reply to
Brevit

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 23:10:03 +0100, "Brevit" made me spill my meths by writing:

Nah...

...Ozzy, before he was a wreck.

Reply to
Wayne Davies

that means Ozzy would have been about 7...he's always been a wreck! All aboard.....!

Reply to
Dave Wheatley

Painless.

Reply to
David French

Here is a link to a model one

and there are more here

sluff

There is one in the SEME Museum at Bordon which is worth a visit if that's your thing, they need supporting.

AFAIK it was a REME mod with a home made cab. The crane is directly over the LH chassis rail and there is one stabilser (I am the sad sort who crawls under the exhibits!) I believe they had a reputation for bending the chassis over time.

Reply to
Sean Ryan