110 300TDi Automatic???

Seen a nice 300Tdi 110 for sale locally with air-con and an auto-box, I didn't think you could get an auto on a 90 or 110 (except the 50th anniv V8's) so is this likely to be a special or an aftermarket conversion? I do prefer automatic so am thinking it may be a nice motor but am wary of botched conversions. Not spoken to the seller but it is a dealer (simmonites).

Reply to
Andy

Ashcroft transmissions do auto-conversions for the 110 and 90, so it could be one of theirs. Alternatively it could be a special vehicles job.

Simmonites are a nice bunch to deal with, though, and I've no dount they'll gice you chapter and verse on it.

Is it that one?

If so, and if it's an Ashcroft conversion then I'd go for it. In fact I'm having to tell myself to be sensible here....

Put it this way: Simmonites have a good reputation and they're not going to risk that by selling you a bodge-up as something it's not. I'd recommend a visit and a chat.

No connection with Simmonites other than being very happy with the Rangie I bought from them a couple of years back.

Reply to
Andrew Robert Breen

Yep that's the one, its really nice and has superb high back seats fitted in the middle and back (new Exmoor jobs I reckon), looks like my Disco 2 might be going up for sale sooner than I thought !

Reply to
Andy

Assuming the auto conversion is OK, the only thing stopping me buying it would be the black paint job, one laning session and it would look awful covered in scratches!!

Reply to
Andy

Nah. It'll look //much// better. Land-Rovers don't look right without a few dents and scratches, and that unscratched metallic black just doesn't look right without some paint damage :)

Reply to
Andrew Robert Breen

Andrew Robert Breen uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Now if I had the wonga that would seriously be on my driveway.

Aircon and auto only shame is it's not a V8 does diesel MPG ah well!

Looks to be a professional job, even extra holes for the air con cooler / autobox cooler (I guess!) below the grill.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

It looks like quite an old car that has been refurbished. The front hubs are pre 1994 ones with the large end cap. The I can't see the rear, so would guess it's has a rear disc conversion. If it's been rebuilt well, then all well and good, otherwise that's mucho lolly for an old car and may prove difficult to sell on.

I've got some matching alloy end caps in the garage if you want to cover up the stub axle!

And don't you tire of buying Land Rovers Andy - is this number 4 in the last 12 months?!!!

Andy wrote:

Reply to
ChavScum

If I bought it, it would actually be number 7 (sh*t didn't realise I was that bad until I had a count up) I just get bored after a couple of months or so, I like to buy cheap, do them up a bit then sell on at either break even or a small profit, trouble is I'm never satisfied with what I have got. This year I have had a Disco 1, 2 and 3, a Freelander TD4, a V8 90 and now another Disco 2.

To be honest I think I will keep the current Disco 2, it is cracking on and off road but before I blow a few hundred quid on off-road kit for it I have to be sure I'm gonna keep it. My record isn't good though!

Reply to
Andy

Andy uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Nige will pop along soon to comfort your invoice pile ;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I'd lost count how many have you bought recently Nige? Derek

Reply to
Derek

Andy Hi,

I have converted two 90s (V8 engined though) to autobox in the last three years. The vehicles were trusted by friends to the undersigned with instructions to make them easier to live with and drive both on and off the road. Both have been very happy with the conversions.

You can either use the 50th Anniversary and/or NAS90 autobox console which is a bit on the expensive side or simply add the gearshift lever to a cubby box or make a special mount/adaptor close to the center seat.

Apart from that you can either keep the LT230 transfer box or upgrade to the Borg Warner one.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos