110 fuel pipe

I have a leaky rubber fuel poipe on my 110. Runs from the RH chassis member under the rear left wheel arch and disappears behind the fuel tank. Can this be changed with the fuel tank in situ. Where is the connector on the tank?

TIA

John

Reply to
John Moppett

In article , John Moppett writes

Date? Petrol/diesel? They are different.

Mine (89, diesel), has one pipe from the level sensor's mounting plate, visible just above the chassis under the NS wheel-arch, and the other goes to the centre-top-front of the tank. Can't remember which is flow and return. The side one is do-able in-situ, the top one probably not easily.

From horrid experience, you'll need a near-empty tank, a suitable small board (to distribute the weight as you lower the tank) and a trolley jack, onto which you can gently lower the tank (with its stone guard) as a unit, and an assistant to man the jack's valve whilst you winkle the tank out from between the frames. It's very hard to do (may be impossible) if the (NS) level sensor is still in place, because it sticks out rather a lot, and there's little enough wiggle room as it is.

There is a short description in the HBOL, and slightly better diagrams in the workshop manuals.

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

At a guess on the top if it's owt like the 109 2.6 Petrol.. which has an access panel in the rear floor for just this sort of stuff.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On the diesel, both lines run back along the RH chassis rail and cross in front of the tank. The return line then goes to the top of the tank and the supply line continues round to the sender on the LH side, visible just above the LH chassis rail. You'll need to find which line is leaking as changing the return line will require removing the tank which is a bit of a PITA. I've just changed my tank and I don't want to do that again for quite a while!

Good luck, Gromit

Reply to
Gromit