18 years old insured on a 12 seat 110 CSW.

Just got a quote from insurance co. for daughter to learn to drive the 12 seat 110. I thought you had to be 21 to drive 12 seats; however it seems that age for learning on 12 seat is 18 if no passengers are carried (apart from qualified driver). To insure for year on my cover with same benefits ( fully comp, 100 excess etc ) £300 extra for year. Wife drives Fester 1200 and the addition for that is £900 for daughter to be added. Daughter just passed so is simply a learner for the 12 seater, can only qualify at 21 for this. However when I told wifes ins they would not alter the rate we pay as she is an inexperienced driver still. What a rip off.

John H

Reply to
Hirsty's

... could always replate it as an 11 seater ...

Cheers

Blippie

-- Ten minutes of this rain will do more good in half an hour than a fortnight of ordinary rain in a month.

Reply to
Blippie

Watch it, you have to have D1 classification on your licence to drive a 12 seater land rover as it is classed as a minibus.

Those who passed their test since 1998 do not have this on their licence automatically like those who passed test before. (cannot remember exact date, but it came in when the restrictions on trailers was introduced).

Reply to
David J. Button