NFU insurance

Wow! I have just got a quote from NFU as advised in here and I nearly swallowed my tongue! They wanted £379!!!! What drugs are they on? I mean I know my wife only has a years no claims (she has been on my insurance for too long and lost all her no claims) but even so she got a quote from her current insurers who only wanted £153. Guess where we are getting her insurance. Even Firebond couldn't beat her current insurers so unless anyone here can quote me happy she will be sticking with them???

Cheers Johnty

Reply to
johnty

Try Co-op,

They've always been far cheaper than anybody else on all of our vehicles.

David

Reply to
David French

Take care; the old saying is ..... yer pays peanuts yer gets monkeys ......, depends on many factors. Mostly the risk each person represents, new insurers have been known to lure you in then hike the premiums after the first year. Brother in law was in marketing; they an evil bunch of b .... at times.

Reply to
Hirsty's

"so unless anyone

Quote me happy....... according to the ads all you have to do is say "Its green" and you get a roll on floor unbelievably low quote............that should cover most LR's!!!

AlunP

Reply to
Alun P

Oi ! mines going spotty brown, does that count as recycling ?

Reply to
Hirsty's

Or diseased?????

Reply to
Alun P

Unfortunately the days of cheap NFU insurance are gone - they've been making a loss on their insurance for the last few years so since about 2002 they've been hiking up the premiums to try and make some money.

I used to be insured with them on a 94 Disco, was the cheapest in the land by far, then renewal time came round and the price had doubled - bye bye..

Mungo.

Reply to
Mungo

I just took out insurance with the NFU and they were the cheapest I could find. They beat everyone I tried from the Landy comics, including Peter best, Sureterm and Firebond. My previous insurers were Roadsure.

A lot of it must depend on where you are in the country.

Reply to
Simon Barr

On or around 3 Nov 2004 10:51:55 GMT, Simon Barr enlightened us thusly:

ours has been going up, but rather stuck with NFU at the moment - very few insurers will do the required cover ("carriage of school children for hire and reward for the purpose of attending school") without doing full passenger hire-and-reward which is even more expensive. It costs 25% loading with NFU over the normal rate.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I got my insurance from Endsleigh; £1200 per year comprehensive, including the works - third party, fire, theft, courtesy car and all. And that's for a 22-year-old student with no no claims bonus and still waiting for a licence.

Now I just need to learn to drive...

Reply to
Torak

Same here, 110 CSW 300 Tdi 1997, full comp, 1st class business use, £ 100 excess for £330. Better still added daughter just passed as a learner ( 18 -

21 for a 12 seater ) for extra £300 for year. Direct line charged my wife £ 800 to ADD daughter to her policy for a 1.2 Fester. They know what I am talking about ( few do ) when I ask about crash bar, off road and Defender.
Reply to
Hirsty's

Have been insured with Norwich Union for years now, no-one has ever managed to touch them. Although interestingly, Norwich Union Direct have always been more expensive. Always go through various brokers and they get it cheaper than going direct. Quite often the case, am lead to believe that the more business a broker does with a company, the lager the discounts they recieve.

In contrast NFU has always been the most expensive (and their head office is only down the road). The last quote I had was £2400! Asked them to check again as I thought they must have made a mistake, but same again. I insured through a broker with Norwich Union for £527, just a slight difference! Will be ringing around again soon :o( Should be cheaper this year I hope, as over

25 and will be on a low milage policy.

Graham

Reply to
Graham G

Conversely, mine came down last year by about 10% to something like £200 fully comp with class 1 business use for my much modified V8 110.

Kind of curious, really.

Reply to
Smorgo

"Smo

I would'nt insurers with my worst enemy, insurers are simply in for the profit and to crawl out of any really serious situation; sod the customer especially if you are the 2.4 family with no problems. They rely on statistics which are really not that accurate; as someone said today .... statistically we have half a penis ... don't think my wife was that impressed.

Reply to
Hirsty's
94 300Tdi Disco insured for £300 fully comp with greenlaning cover from Sureterm

No no claims as I've had a company motor for four years so lost it.

Reply to
StaffBull

So Hirsty's was, like

I'm not surprised - go out and buy her a proper one.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Can't afford to ; just got the bits for my next mortgage ( er ..... service that is )

Reply to
Hirsty's

What's greenlaning cover..?

Surely green lanes are public roads and therefore we are insured anyway (have to be, its the law..;-)) under normal insurance.

Or did you mean something else..?

cheers

simon

Reply to
Simon Coupland

Reply to
StaffBull

On or around Sun, 7 Nov 2004 21:41:57 -0000, "StaffBull" enlightened us thusly:

depends. If you've got fully-comp, they have to pay out something, somehow. The cunning bit is how a whole raft of places like building sites, car parks etc. are not public highways.

Reply to
Austin Shackles